Upcoming Training Opportunities
League Mini Sessions: Arizona Municipal Government Fundamentals
Couldn’t make a training? View past webinars:
- Opening City/Town Hall: Legal Considerations and Best Practices - May 28, 2020
- PSPRS Management Summit - November 6, 2019
- Legislature 101 for Cities and Towns in AZ
- Home Rule vs. Permanent Base Adjustment
- State Shared Revenue
- Open Meeting Law
- Municipal Property Tax (Primary v. Secondary)
- How to Optimize Your Sales Tax /Amending Your Tax Code
- Municipal Incorporation Process
- Overview of Significant Changes to Campaign Finance Law
- 1487 Cases in Arizona: History of the Law and Strategies for Municipalities
Let us know if you have any topics you would like to include for future trainings and webinars by emailing us.
Informational Session: Arizona Environmental Infrastructure Authority Overview
When: Tuesday, February 2
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Location: Via Zoom Webinar
Join Arizona Congressman Greg Stanton’s staff as they provide an overview of a new federal environmental infrastructure authority Congressman Stanton secured for Arizona in the recently enacted Water Resources Development Act. The authority is designed to provide federal resources through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to assist small and rural communities address their water infrastructure needs.
The authority provides $150 million in federal assistance to non-federal interests, including cities, counties, and tribes across Arizona, for design and construction of water-related environmental infrastructure, and resource protection and development projects.
Projects can include:
- wastewater treatment and related facilities, sewer overflow;
- water supply, storage, treatment and related facilities;
- environmental restoration;
- surface water resource protection and developmeent;
- technical assistance to small and rural communities for planning and issues related to access to water resources.
For a summary of the legislation, click here.
To learn more about how your city/town can utilize these funds, please register for this informational session by clicking here.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
The Basics of Budget Preparation in Arizona During COVID-19
When: Wednesday, February 24
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (this includes a break for lunch)
Location: Zoom virtual
Budgets are the annual financial plan that a city or town uses to deliver services to its citizens for each fiscal year. It sets the framework for the implementation of the services and is one of the most important processes a city or town undergoes each year.
With COVID-19, this has been even more challenging for Cities/Towns. This session will cover how a budget is developed with revenue and expenditure projections, the impact COVID-19 has had on budgets and how it can be effectively communicated to elected officials, staff and citizens.
Who: Pat Walker, Principal Owner, Pat Walker Consulting
Registration: To register for the Budget training, please click here
Link to Zoom webinar will be sent to all attendees two days before the event.
For questions on any of these trainings, please call 602-258-5786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org